The Hotel Windham, pictured above and below as it is today, is the dominant building on the east side of the Square in Bellows Falls. This three-story, flat-roofed brick hotel was constructed in 1932-1933 to replace a larger predecessor destroyed by the fire of 1932. The architectural firm of Harper and West designed the Georgian Revival style building, the fourth hotel to have stood on the site. The large rectangular block defines the interior corner of the L-shaped Square; its west facade extends twelve bays along the north-south axis and its south elevation extends seven bays along the east-west axis.
The classic entrance facade of the hotel consists of the southernmost three-bay section of the west elevation distinguished by a concentration of stylistic elements. Sheltered by a suspended metal canopy,…….. [to read more click on Hotel Windham History below]